How many times have you heard someone say “It’s the thought that counts” when you’ve given them a gift? They try to look pleased about receiving it. But you know how rushed you were, and how disappointed you were with the choices. And both you and I know, such a statement really isn’t true. Not the whole truth anyway. When it comes to Mother’s Day gifts the thought does count, big time. But there are other factors that make a gift really great.
So what makes for a great gift, and are there any Mother’s Day gifts better avoided? Let’s start with the answer to the first question.
Your Best Choice
Silver-Dipped Rose Silver
- A real rose coated in pure silver
- In a stylish display case, with an authenticity certificate.
- Bright and lustrous mirror finish
Price $169Buy this gift!
Gold-Dipped Rose Gold rose
- A real rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- In a beautiful PU leather display case
- Brilliant and lustrous mirror finish
Price $169 Buy this gift!
Jewelry Set Sets
- Includes a real glazed rose, trimmed with 24k gold
- Combined with pendant and earrings from natural rose petals
- In a high quality leather display case
Price $299Buy this gift!
A meaningful Mother’s Day gift will…
- Make your mum realize how important she is to you
- Show her how much you appreciate all she has done, and is possibly still doing
- Show your support
- Celebrate this important annual celebration of all things ‘mom’
- Convey feelings of love, pride, admiration and friendship
Mother’s Day honors the woman who raised you and made you who you are
And it’s your annual opportunity to tell her how you feel. How much you still love her. How much you appreciate her being there when you needed a shoulder to cry on. For patching you up when you fell off your bike, and hundreds of other motherly things she has done over the years. We’ve done some research, and asked around the office here at uniquemothersdaygifts.org, and compiled a list of some of the worst Mother’s Day gifts ever.
When you’ve read some of our top suggestions for the best Mother’s Day gifts, spend a few moments perusing the following list to ensure no Mother’s Day gift errors.
Mother’s Day gifts to avoid if at all possible
It really doesn’t take much to impress your mom on Mother’s Day. Put some real thought into her gift, and you’ll be surprised with her reaction. All those years when she smiled sweetly and simply said ‘thanks’, will pale into insignificance, when compared with the smile she’ll be displaying this year.
We completely understand you want to give her the best gift ever. And what better place to start than to look at the Mother’s Day gifts you should never give.
- A gift that’s been re-gifted – Don’t try and palm off a gift you’ve found no use for. Hoping she’ll never realize you’re giving her back one of those unwanted Xmas beauty packs. Call it mother’s intuition. Call it knowing more about you than you know about yourself. We don’t know how they do it. But Mother’s always find out.
- A self-help book – Think about the message you’re conveying with this kind of gift. Are you telling her there’s something she needs to change about herself? She doesn’t need you to remind her of any failings.
- Weight-loss book or video – What are you trying to say here? You may be concerned about her health and how she can make herself feel better. She’s just going to think “My kid thinks I’m fat!”.
- Cleaning gadgets – This sort of gift is best left for other occasions, and anything that screams of household chores. Mother’s Day is for rest and relaxation. Thoughts of ‘work’ should be banished along with any related gifts. A better option would be to do all those chores for her. Let her sit back with her feet up and watch somebody else do all the hard work for a change.
- Gifts that tell her she’s the world’s best mom – No 1 mom, Super star mom, or any other generic message. All you’re saying is you couldn’t be bothered to put any thought into her gift. You hope it will make her feel all warm and fuzzy but you’re way off the mark. Instead pick gifts of love and thoughtfulness. Ones that are designed to pay her back for everything she’s done for you.
- Kitchen gifts – We’ve mentioned on previous pages, various kitchen gifts you can give to your mom. However, we felt this particular option also deserved a mention in our list of worst Mother’s Day gifts. Kitchen items aren’t going to be at the top of every woman’s list of Mother’s Day gifts. Many of them will make her life in the kitchen much easier, but that’s not the point.
- Tacky jewelry – Cute jewelry such as fake silver necklaces with a generic pendant, might serve as a keepsake of the day, but you won’t find her wearing it very often. If you’re going to buy her jewellery, show her that she’s worth more than a few dollars. Take for example, a necklace made from miniature rose petals. Glazed and trimmed with 24 carat gold.
These are just a few of the many Mother’s Day gifts that won’t hold such meaning. Read an article we found in a UK newspaper, that offers many more gifts to be avoided.
So what is it that makes a gift special?
A gift will be special if it has been well chosen. Take the time to know more about the recipient, and put some serious thought into the sort of gift they would really like. As you’re looking for a gift for your mom you’re in a really great position. How many years have you known her? Twenty, thirty, forty or more? The only person who knows more about her will be your dad. You efforts will be rewarded, because you’ll be giving her a gift that shows how much you love and care about her.
We trust this Mother’s Day will be more successful than previous years. And is just the beginning of more great gifts to come. Keep us as one of your favorite sites because we’ll be sharing more Mother’s Day gift ideas. Not just unique ones, but creative, funny, homemade, value for money and a whole lot more. Never again will your mom be disappointed with her Mother’s Day gifts.